IDES PREPARE TO RESPOND TRAINING
WHAT IS IDES PREPARE TO RESPOND TRAINING
IDES Prepare to Respond training is a *free, traveling disaster preparedness seminar that teaches how to help your community before, during, and after disasters occur.
This training can be done either at your facility or at IDES’ headquarters in Noblesville, IN.
What you’ll need:
A space capable of hosting a speaker (projector, projector screens, sound system, etc.)
3 hours dedicated to the training
*We ask that churches & organizations cover the traveling and/or housing accommodations for IDES’ speaker, Ed Sanow.
SIGN UP FOR A PREPARE TO RESPOND training
IDES’ Engagement Facilitator will contact you about available dates for this training.
What is covered in a Prepare to Respond training
• Teaching ministry leaders the church’s role in the different phases of a disaster.
• Helping churches and missionaries identify their unique disaster response gifts.
• Showing ministers specific ways church members can help in disaster response.
• Training to provide emotional / spiritual care and support following a disaster.
• Demonstrating how IDES can assist the local church and mission partners following a disaster.
• Ensuring travel safety and personal security for those planning short or long-term mission trips.
• Providing practical information for missionaries to know in the midst of a disaster.